cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm1
Message 1 of 4

Another BT Infinity Install Nightmare

Hi,

My post reflects the experience of other users on this forum.  Today (Friday) I was due to have BT Infinity Installed (changing from EE broadband).  Agreed 1-6pm slot for installation.  Engineer did not show or try to make contact at any time during this period.  I rang BT at 6pm.  They tried to contact engineer for 10 minutes to no avail.  Engineer miraculously rang my mobile while I was on the line to BT at 6.20pm saying he's running late but will come shortly.  Arrived at 7.40pm in MJ Quinn Installation Services van.  Checked my junction box. Left at 7.45pm to find the cabinet.  Returned at 8.15pm saying he couldn't find the cabinet and had no idea where it was.  Installation called off.  This engineer had no intention of completing the job in my view.  I need a new junction box, some rewiring for the router and he clearly couldn't be bothered.

This is pretty awful customer service from BT. They emailed me every day for a week to ensure I would be in and called the day before.  I was in.  They didn't show on time.  Not great.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Another BT Broadband Infinity Install Nightmare

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phonemod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Another BT Infinity Install Nightmare

Hi jm1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that the engineer arrived late and that they couldn't complete the installation of your BT Infinity service.  I'm happy to help give you a hand from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  If you could also include the link to this thread when you complete the form that would be great!

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jm1
Message 4 of 4

Re: Another BT Infinity Install Nightmare

I thought I would update my post to tell the end of my story.  Despite conversations with BT Retail and the Social Media team I could not be given a guarantee that a BT Openreach engineer rather than a contractor would install BT Infinity at my address.  Having read other posts on this forum about second attempts at engineers’ visits I decided to do the only thing I could and cancel my order.

I politely asked BT if as an act of goodwill they would allow me to have a refund on the 12 month line rental saver I entered into in February so that I could take my business elsewhere.  This was refused.

The major issue I have is that BT is the parent company for BT Retail and BT Openreach, but BT Openreach appears to be a monopoly with no accountability to the ultimate consumers of broadband services.  As was pointed out to me by a BT Openreach employee even if I do take my business elsewhere it will ultimately be their engineer or contractor that will complete the installation…and they may not turn up.

Good luck to you all…this post was never SOLVED…please keep telling stories about your experience.

0 Ratings