cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 35

Re: Another Fibre 1/Fibre 2 Query

Go to solution

are you talking about connection speed or download speed on a speed tester?  55mb is max connection speed for fibre 1 package but all your previous stats showed you are on fibre 2

can you post up to date hub stats please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 35

Go to solution

Engineer was talking complete nonsense and couldn't be bothered to trace the cause of the fault.

The NTE 5c is also notoriously flaky as it is a cheap and nasty device with plastic clips rather than screws to attach the frontplate.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution

An updated list of my hub stats - 

ghtgriffiths_0-1642087491904.png

Should the data rate match the Maximum data rate, even if on Fibre 2 is this the best I can expect based on distance from the cabinet etc, as mentioned its about 100m from the house but would expect the cable to be double if not more than that. It doesn't appear as though there is a 55 cap on the account as the connection rate according to the hub stats is 63 Mbps but maybe this is top end based on distance from cabinet?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution

You have had a very slight increase in speed but there is something a bit odd with those stats. Your SNRm is 6dB so there is scope for that to be reduced to 3dB and possibly also G.Inp hasn't kicked in which will give you a speed improvement but 13dB seems a big discrepancy between actual and max speed. If the noise on your line is causing a high error rate, DLM might decide not to reduce your SNRm.

You chopped off the cab details on your original checker screenshot, what exchange and cabinet did it show?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

Exchange & cab details - 

ghtgriffiths_0-1642090127918.png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution

Bad news, that is an ECI cabinet. No G.Inp or 3dB margin available, which makes the max speed figure more puzzling.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution

Wonderful. The cabinet I'm supplied from sits next to what looks like a bigger and shinier new one but not sure what that is for, there's no labels or markings on it unfortunately. 

That's probably all I'm going to get then speed wise, would have been nice to have something a little extra available as need to download very large files of data with my job and saving 20 or 30 mins on the current download times would be a massive time saver. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution

Do you still have noise on your line? With a cordless the most you should get is a low background hum. I msuspect you had a Qube engineer visit not an Openreach one.

If the noise is still present then you should report a noisy line not a broadband issue.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution

I have reported a noise on the line as part of the same  issue, the static noise I can hear is the same with my cordless as it is with a corded phone I borrowed last night. Although the static noise is the same on the cordless whether it is plugged into the socket or not which leads me to think its the cordless phone? I unfortunately cannot test this now with the new master socket so will need to arrange borrowing it again or buy one. 

Maybe I'll give them another ring tomorrow and report the difference between connection rate and maximum rate but they told me this is down to the distance from the cabinet previously, or is the 75 Max the theoretical max because of the distance, if i lived next to the cabinet this maximum would be 80?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution

That's not how it works. Your actual and Max speed should be approximately the same value regardless of distance from the cabinet on a line with no defects. 

0 Ratings