cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 35

Re: Another Fibre 1/Fibre 2 Query

Go to solution

Another resync this morning, lower connected speed, higher max speed. No further contact from BT so looks like I'm stuck. Frustrating to think that less than a mile away they have full fibre

Screenshot_20220122-091806.png

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 35

Go to solution

Ok another update for anyone still following 😛

Had an appointment with Openreach this morning, the chap ran a load of tests with some kit that the previous engineer didn't do. Checked my master socket and extensions as well as testing the line all the way to the cabinet as well as checking things at the cabinet itself. However, he said that all the tests passed with flying colours and then some and was baffled as me as to why the sync speed is up and down as it is. The only suggestion he had was that possibly interference in my home or nearby was having an impact to result in a disconnect and as a result the line is invoking DLM and causing strange readings and then when that does not happen for a few days will return to normal. 

I can probably live with the speed changes because low 60s is not bad by any means although it adds 30-40 minutes on to download times for 100Gb file, but the latency issue is causing real problems with the software I use for work. Its as low as 6 ms when the sync speed is 68Mbps but when this drops to 62 Mbps, the latency can increase to anything from 30 ms to over 100 ms which my software does not like one bit. 

I'll welcome any final suggestions before putting this one to bed and living with it. 

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 35

Go to solution

As said previously, I'm convinced it is a faulty port in the DSLAM in the green cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 35

Go to solution

Ok many thanks, unfortunately the Openreach engineer said he tested this and came back as fault free and can't show him any evidence to suggest why that would be the reason. 

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 35

Go to solution

Hi All, bit of an update with my issue. After a few weeks of chasing my tail with still what seems like an interleaved line with no sign of it relenting, I noticed that the BT Wholesale Checker revealed that there was a Bridge Tap on my line.

I went about investigating this further and have made several changes to the setup in my home. I've removed all but one extension socket which is now directly fed from the master. The router was previously terminated to an extension between two other extensions and therefore the final extension could have been considered as a Bridge Tap.

I have also tidied up the wiring to now only use the two blue wires terminated at the extension from the master and have disconnected all other wires. While investigating the Bridge Tap I found that there was very little consistency of wiring between the master socket and the extensions with some wires connected to some extensions and not to others which may have have been causing an issue. The orange wire was terminated at the master but not at any extensions but the white and orange was terminated to terminal 4 at the extensions but not at the master. 

I have spoken to BT since I have made these changes who have all but confirmed that there is no fault or Bridge Tap now detected on my line. The online BT Wholesale Checker does not update regularly enough to currently reflect this status change on there.

Reading another forum it also turns out that the attainable rate increasing beyond what is actually attainable may be a bit of a quirk for some lines and cabinets when interleaving is applied and it exaggerates the attainable rate, not sure how common that is however. 

My question now therefore is, if I have seemingly resolved the issue, do I have to wait weeks or even months for interleaving to reduce or would the mods now be able to help my forcing a DLM reset seeing as I believe the issue causing the DLM has been resolved?

0 Ratings