Another story of woe about getting infinity installed in a new build.
We've been in for over a month now, Having moved in on 7th June. We were told by the developer beforehand that there had been problems getting BT and Open Reach to get Fibre up and running even though the hardware and line had been installed for the two buildings they've just completed in November last year.
Within the first week of moving in we were told Open Reach had completed all their work and passed their lists over to BT. Wait for the green light to go solid and order, they said. Eventually we got a flashing green light.
Fast forward a few weeks, and having spoken to BT several times to ask what was going on - I was told that the development wasn't ready and we "shouldn't have been allowed to move in" as it was what they called a 'silver property'. They put in a form and told me they'd call me in a few days. They never did though.
Many phone calls to BT, a request to open reach through their new build contact form and a chat with an open reach engineer on on our road later - all told me everything should be good to go. Place an order! But what about the flashing light, I said? They said that should be green, but everything is showing ok, so if you can order it should be fine. I spoke to BT again and was told by I could order fibre as the address was now showing up. Great! We ordered - due for activation Monday 10th.
The next day I noticed an error online. "We have not received commitment for the order yet, so it may become delayed" I called them up and was told the agent hadn't allowed enough time for the installation, it needed 5 working days. He delayed it to Thursday 13th.
The HUB arrived on Friday 7th. Fast forward again, Tuesday 11 (today). The same error pops up online. Clearly no one knows what is going on. I start writing this post in search of answers. I get a phone call - it's BT. They've noticed an error and called Open Reach. Unfortunately our local exchange has no capacity for new connections. We're in Lewisham, if you're interested. They'll be reviewing the situation on the 21st of July. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Some of the residents in the first phase of our block to move in are online, so I guess they got in there before they ran out of capacity. What a sucky situation.
Thanks for your response. Is that the case even though BT are telling me Open Reach don't think there is capacity?
It seems really odd to me- but what do I know? Something to do with wires they're saying.
Here is the message a neighbour recieved; which is pretty much what they told me by phone this morning.
"Hello, BT here, I called and was unable to speak with you. This was to inform you that the broadband is in delay due to capacity. The engineers are awaiting cabling in order to complete your order. We have been instructed toreview and provide the next update on 21st July 2017. An adviser will call then between 08.00 - 21.00. If you've got an Apple or Android phone, simply text 'MyBT' to 81192 and we'll send you a link to download the app. You can access your account at www.bt.com. I hope I have made it easy for you. Thanks for getting in touch."