cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
readjono
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Another holiday... another loss of internet

Likely to be the final straw with BT. After losing internet all Christmas along with other users on this forum, we've reached Easter Sunday and once again I've no internet. I'm not even going to try to troubleshoot this time as it all ended up being at BT's end last time, and I'm 100% convinced it isn't my equipment. Do BT not employ people over public holidays to monitor and fix these issues?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Another holiday... another loss of internet

@readjono

there could be a number of reasons why your service does not work at this moment. 

In a blunt response to your question, I very much doubt it. 

I know of ONE provider who you can contact "out of hours" and alert them to a problem, and they charge a premium per month for that. 

You siad that last time it was BT's end... but didn't say what the issue was... 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Another holiday... another loss of internet

Was it BT's issue last time? Was it Openreach? Was it a 3rd party that caused the problem?

I know in the non too distance past thousands of customers in the Ealing area were cut off for several days due to a contractor for Railtrack ripping up (mistakenly) Openreach ducting cutting out the whole area.

Openreach had engineers onsite 24hrs in shifts repairing the damage.

Don't always blame your ISP or Openreach It could be someone else who's caused it.

0 Ratings