cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Another speed reduced after upgrade from infinity 1 to 2

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results please  should be done with wired connection

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
oldeng99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

speed2.jpg

0 Ratings
oldeng99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

diagnose2.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

can I check that you are now using the test socket indicated by the black arrow and the rj11 cable form modem is conencted to the filter in the test socket

test-socket-thumb.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
oldeng99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Having removed all the inhouse wiring completely I was using the normal outlet with all wifi and power line plugs turned off or isolated.

I have now managed to find an old style filter and fitted this to the internal test socket and the results are as follows.

Speed test DL 29.04  UL 6.98

Diagnostics

DL 29 .04  IP profile 29.04

UL 6.98  IP profile 20 Meg.

Its a bit fiddly to get pictures so hope the information is OK.

FYI the phone is not plugged into the filter and the filter is an older BT filter as used on the original ADSL pre Fibre to the cabinet.

RU ex BT ?

0 Ratings
oldeng99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

ping 43 forgot sorry

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

if you are now using test socket with filter (old adsl is fine) and speed still below estimated speed then you need to get engineer visit and see if they can get you speed up within estimate

I am not and have never worked for BT/Openreach