cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Any Idea What Time Will My Speed Increase??

Upgraded from FTTP 500 to FTTP 900 yesterday around 4pm. 

The email I got from BT said my speed would increase before 12am tonight and from previous experiences of Broadband and FTTC, my speed always increased around lunchtime on the activation date. 

Does that pretty much mean that at 11.59pm it will increase or should it have done it by now?

I power cycled the ONT earlier just in case but I am still at 500 down and 70 up. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Any Idea What Time Will My Speed Increase??

Many of the systems are updated at midnight just as you were told so just need to wait and see

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Makes sense. 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I'm in the same boat. Should be midnight tonight....just hoped it would of been at some point today.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Well, 12am came and went and my speed never increased. 

Looks like I am going to have to phone them this morning. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Does the order now say 'Complete', or worse, did it complete at an earlier time/date?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Typically orders raised on Fridays will complete the following Monday, unless it's a bank holiday.
The order confirmation email will have the date of any change, what does it list ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

For soft changes I have seen them completing within minutes, i.e.:

• FTTP speed upgrade
  • Digital voice order
  • Copper voice line activation ( where copper line is already present)

In reality if orders are entered manually, I've been told they can be scheduled, sometimes for the same day or for a future date.I don't know what the BT guidance is, but there seems to be a preference for the later scenario.

0 Ratings