cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Any other option than a 18 month contract

Hi All,

Is there any other options other than an 18month contract, I want to sign up for BT infinity but my property is a 12 month rental so who says what my situation will be after those 12 months ?

Kind Regards

Paul

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
lewis-brooks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: Any other option than a 18 month contract

Paul,

I don't believe so...... you would have to move the contract with you to your next residence.

I am in a similar boat to you.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 18

Although I'm not on infinity, any advertised deals shown as 18 month contracts should afaik be available on a 12 month contract. I've always called BT and negotiated goods deals and only for a 12 month period.

IMHO it's better to call, you could get a better deal than online

Call them on 150 for free from a BT landline.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

New Infinity installations all come with 18 month contracts.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

Smiley Surprised

So I for one won't be signing up to Infinity then!Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

I don't know why people are aghast to 18 month contracts. If the price is right and the product works as you want then where's the issue?

The majority of mobile contracts when a new phone comes out are 18months, again doesn't put me off. The same principle applies. I think the majority of ISP's offering FTTC are on 18 month contracts.

There are a select few offering lower but their prices seem to be quite a bit higher.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 18

(from memory and aint checked lately)

BT bundled offering was/is like this

BT Landline = 12 month contract

BT Vision = 12 month contract

BT BB = 18 month contract - why?

I agree most mobile contracts are offered at 18/24 months, but that's just one service.

For me regarding mobile phones, in an ideal world, it'd all be PAYG at the same price as contract deals are so you can jump to the best deal with a different supplier when you wanted to.

btw, currently PAYG on BTVision (free - not the £4pm charge per month) and my heavily discounted 12 month contracts for BB and landline end quite soon:) - it actually works out that my option3 BB is only £8pm

0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 8 of 18

@Webby wrote:
I don't know why people are aghast to 18 month contracts. If the price is right and the product works as you want then where's the issue?

The issue for me is that as a new Infinity subscriber as from next week (hence this is my first post here) I cannot synchronize my discounted phone line rental (paid in a lump sum 12 months in advance) and my BT Infinity contract and phone line (18 months contract).

If I want to have the option to cancel BT infinity and the BT line after 18 months, I will have to pay line rental monthly for the last 6 months at an additional cost of £27.60. This is unacceptable and needs to be sorted out by BT, either via the Broadband or line rental route.

There is more than one obvious way that this could be done, but I am wondering if anyone has managed to get BT to synchronize the £10 rental saver with their new line and Infinity contract?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

They want to spread the cost of the equipment and installation over a reasonable period simple business sense. Infinity is currently the best value so BT can really set the contract as they want but things may change when Sky join the market in a few months.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 18

@Infinitechris wrote:

They want to spread the cost of the equipment and installation over a reasonable period simple business sense. Infinity is currently the best value so BT can really set the contract as they want but things may change when Sky join the market in a few months.

Which should be March-AprilSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings