cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dementor
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Any progress with exchange only lines?

I'm on an EO line to an exchange which is fibre enabled but still no sign of any kind of exchnage conversion taken place. There are probably less than 50 properties being fed direct from the exchange so I'm thinking I'm going to be left behind as their is no incentive for BT to resolve this.

What makes it worse still is that the exchange isn't even ADSL+2 max enabled so I'm stuck on an 8MB connection.

Is anybody able to give me any glimmer of hope regarding what is happening with those on EO lines?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Any progress with exchange only lines?

You could contact Openreach via this link an ask. You will probably get an automated reply, if you do keep sending it and you will eventually get a personal response.

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

0 Ratings
Dementor
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Been through that a couple of times before, just always told no plans at present and to keep checking back.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Generically, some exchanges are having cabinets installed outside to provide Infinity for EO lines but I suspect for 50 lines your exchange is unlikely to be top of the list. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

BT announced In January that they expect to conducted a lot more Network Rearrangements in the near future, which is what Openreach often does when they want to install a new FTTC street cabinet on long copper lines, Exchange Only Lines (EOL) or in busy areas in order to improve broadband speeds / cater for rising demand.

Apparently 2,800 street cabinets could be provided as part of this latest effort, which would be installed between February 2016 and finish in 2020/21 - but no specific details were given.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 11

@gt94sss2 wrote:

BT announced In January that they expect to conducted a lot more Network Rearrangements in the near future, which is what Openreach often does when they want to install a new FTTC street cabinet on long copper lines, Exchange Only Lines (EOL) or in busy areas in order to improve broadband speeds / cater for rising demand.

Apparently 2,800 street cabinets could be provided as part of this latest effort, which would be installed between February 2016 and finish in 2020/21 - but no specific details were given.

Would this be in addition to the G fast rollout which is to start later this year?

Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Yes
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Colly-FC
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

I guess I was lucky in my area. I was on EO line, with others, and probably less than 50. The fibre here was done with "Connecting Somerset and Devon" so two new cabinets were installed outside the Exchange.

I don't think BT would ever have done it without the local authority money.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Rmh56
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

There must be millions of us EO customers. In my village, everyone more than 1/2 mile from the exchange is EO.

i don't see how Openreach can achieve the governments target without resolving this.

if there was ever a candidate for a Dragons Den invention, this would be it...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

In general, EO customers are close to the exchange (that's why they are EO and not connected to a cabinet) and therefore enjoy reasonably fast ADSL. Those of us out in the sticks a long way from the exchange however, enjoyed <1M until VDSL was rolled out to the cabinet. Why would you give priority to those already getting in excess of 10/15M over those getting less than 1M?

0 Ratings