cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Any telephone engineers?

Any openreach engineers or others knowledgeable  re cabling in here?

wanna know if the current cabling in my 8 year old house can be used for FTTP

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Any telephone engineers?

Can you be more specific, what exactly do you wish to do.

Clearly you can't use copper wiring as a replacement for fibre, nor can you use CW1308 for Ethernet connections.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

My CSP will be at the front of the house and my current master socket is at the rear of the house.

I don’t want cables taken through the house to the rear where my tv and livingroom is.  Could it be set up to use the internal wiring ?

if not it’s about 50m to take the cable externally to the rear of the house and in at the wall where the master socket and tv is.

there is t really any options at the front a kitchen and a toilet and can’t have the ont in there.

Trying to think of other options 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

It is not copper from the CSP to the ONT, it is fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Sorry I don’t know what the internal cabling from the Bt  box on the outside of my house to my internal master socket is?  I wouldn’t think that was a copper cable internally going through my walls and floors??

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

If you currently have standard FTTC broadband, everything from the cabinet to your master socket is copper. When you move to FTTP, the chances are your copper line will remain as it is for voice and a new fibre cable will supplied to the CSP externally. From there, another fibre cable is run to the ONT. From the ONT to the hub is Ethernet and is either a short patch lead if hub and ONT are co-located or a run of Cat5e cable if not. Your existing wiring can't be used for any of that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for that.  Looks like the cabling from CSP to ONT will need to be taken externally on the outside of the building to the rear.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

The Fibre engineers have 50mtr lengths of EZ bend fibre cables that can be fitted externally from the CSP. You won't find a telephone engineer fitting fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Better pray you don’t get a Contractor doing your install in that case.

Message 10 of 11

Oh do the contractors not like doing that much work!!!

0 Ratings