cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaiBork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Any way to reset IP profile?

I am a bit reluctant to do this and afraid it will see it as yet another disconnection. I found the below steps on bt.custhelp, but is anyone able to confirm this is the best way to do it?

To power cycle the Openreach fibre modem

1. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the modem for five seconds
  2. Wait for the modem to complete its start-up procedures. The Power, DSL & LAN1 lights should turn solid green. (The DSL and LAN1 lights may flash occasionally as data passes through the modem)
  3. When the modem is fully powered up, you can power cycle your Hub

To power cycle your BT Home Hub 3

1. Shut down your computer and any devices that the Hub is connected to
  2. Press the Restart button on the side of the Hub
  3. Wait a couple of minutes for the Hub to complete its start-up procedures. The Power, Broadband and Wireless lights should turn solid blue
  4. Finally, when the Hub is ready, turn on your computer and wait until the desktop has fully loaded. Then turn on your other devices
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 18

I recommend just pulling the power plug out of the modem and putting it back in again. The DSLAM shouldn't see that as a fault disconnection and the router should reconnect automatically.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SaiBork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Power cycled as recommended, but still the same speeds and IP profile I'm afraid.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

Just a thought, could it be electrical power drops/spikes that are causing the drop outs. You have said they happen about the same time each night. Is there anything on a timer, or is your fridge or freezer coming on and off. Is your hub near any electrical components that could be causing it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 18

Ok, sounds like your really on a banded profile at that low rate and if your still getting disconnections then these are probably keeping the banding low. You need to get the fault fixed and your profile reset.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
SaiBork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Haven't had a disconnect for 2 weeks now.

Nothing is on timer and router + hub are on 1 socket (extension) and share a socket with the phone. So two power sockets, 1 is phone, the other is extension which has router + hub. The extension is not the problem as I had the same issue with the Vigor which didn't have the extension in between.

But as I haven't had a disconnect for two weeks, I hope it might be sorted. All I need now is for the speed to go back up 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

If the line is now stable with no drop outs the DLM should start to increase the speed but it can be a long slow process up to 3 weeks in some cases.

0 Ratings
SaiBork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

DLM did not do it's work, but the mods contacted me (as requested) and an engineer has visited me last Tuesday.

The engineer confirmed there were no faults on the line and got the profile reset. Speeds are back up and I'm getting about 50Mbps down and 7Mbps up. So far haven't had a disconnect yet, so I'm happy!

Lets hope it all stays working ok!

0 Ratings