cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Anyone tried the new(ish) Draytek Vigor 2860?

I believe the 2850 worked as a one-box solution but almost everyone reported lower speeds than using the BT OR modem.

I'd like to replace three boxes with one, but will the 2860 do a good job on Infinity?

TIA

Mark

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Anyone tried the new(ish) Draytek Vigor 2860?

I have not tried the 2860,but i use the 2750n with no problems with Infinty 2,I have been using it for over 18 months.

My latest test is below,the 72Mbps down is usually about 75Mbps depending on the server used.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2891317995

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Sounds promising, although certainly not what I've been reading , where the wisdom is that no all-in-one box performs as well as a BTOW modem (I tried a Fritz!Box and sent it back as useless; hopeless speed and wouldn't stay online for 2 minutes))

0 Ratings
portseven
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

got one of these, and have been struging with connectivity ever since

doesn't seem to hold a connection, though it doesn't help when i don't know what username i should be putting in the router, is it the one i use for BT Openzone? Or is it something else, BT support are no good as they only support the official homehub, won't even tell me my username.

Keep It Simple Stupid!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Set up PPPoE with user name bthomehub@btbroadband.com with anything you want for the password

0 Ratings
portseven
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Is that even when you are connecting direct to the wall socket (i.e. no openreach modem)???

tried that but got some open reach error page when trying to connect to anything

Keep It Simple Stupid!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

See if this link helps, its a different model but the set up may be the same, if not forum member ironman123 is a Draytek user and he may be able to help when he comes on line.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_v2850_setup.html

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

@portseven wrote:

Is that even when you are connecting direct to the wall socket (i.e. no openreach modem)???

tried that but got some open reach error page when trying to connect to anything

Are you sure that that is a modem as well. Could just be a router and in that case wouls need the OR modem

[edit] According to ukinsight it is both a modem and router so should be okay.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings