cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Appalling speeds and stability

Today I've been having third world connection (Fibre Halo 1) speeds and line stability. I would have to venture somewhere out in a desert to get a connection so dreadful. My download speed has dropped 75% and upload by 50% making work impossible never mind any sort of entertainment. If I wanted an internet connection this bad I would go somewhere else at half the price.  

BT keeps sending me emails to upgrade to exactly the same crappy service for £9 more than I am already paying and I still have 5 months left of my contract. Do they really think that's a good deal? 

How does one actually report a fault online? I just keep going round in circles going no where. It is totally utterly pointless. I starting to see virgin media as a reasonable alternative which is how bad BT has been the last few days.

Has any one else has had these problems?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Appalling speeds and stability

@honestjohn 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

If you do not get dial tone, then one wire of your phone line has become disconnected, and you need to report it as a phone fault. Once the disconnection or noise is fixed, the broadband will get better.

0 Ratings