cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Appointment Required ??

Go to solution

I just need to clarify something - I reported a fault on Friday 30th. I have no dial-tone,  and about half-speed download, quarter upload. 

The fault tracking message said then to book an appointment, which I did via Chat, I was re-assured that I didn't have to do anything, but the tracking said "Looks like we need to book an engineer appointment. Please get in touch to book a new one."

Then yesterday morning I got a text to say that to do the tests (Which I had done before) and to reply 1 if it  ok, and 2 if not, I duly replied 2, 

Then on Friday evening, I checked to see whether anything had been done when I got home, and nothing had changed, yet the fault tracking said "You have told us that your fault was fixed", which I hadn't, and it isn't, so I was back on the Chat to ensure that it was still open (I am now receiving a Mini-hub, which may be next to useless, as my 4G signal is so bad, I rely on my Broadband to use my mobile at home).

Then this morning I received a Text to ask me to reply "CLOSE" to close the complaint if resolved, or "If you are still experiencing issues, get in touch by visiting bt.com/contact and we will do our best to help."....

.... you should be aware that the fault is still ongoing, and as far as I can tell, it was confirmed there was a serious fault outside, remotely. Why the confusion ? I shouldn't have to keep chasing BT to confirm it is faulty, when it quite obviously isn't.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Appointment Required ??

Go to solution

Hi @Durgemeister welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the fault with your service and the way the repair is being handled. I wonder if there have been a few faults reported on your account for the same issue and the automated messages are causing confuison?

I think it would be best for us to take a look and clarify what's happening so I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community website.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the assistance, and just letting you know it is all working now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Durgemeister, thanks for the update and sorry about the confusing texts. I checked earlier today and could see it was assigned to an engineer. Was the fix completed externally?

cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi John, 

Yes it was external. I was at work today, and I didn't know anything about it until I got home, and had a Text to say it "should have been fixed", and to reply 1 or 2... first did a speed test, and a checked my phone for a dial-tone.

Thanks