cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gutted
Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Are BT aware of the hh5 disconnecting problem

Just a quick question are bt aware of the hh5 disconnecting problem and is there a fix besides buying another router or modem

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
gutted
Contributor
Message 2 of 29

Re: Are BT aware of the hh5 disconnecting problem

I have been on the phone to bt and said that hundreds of members are having problems with the hh5 constant disconnecting  problem and to check the bt forum if they did not believe me  they said they had never heard of the bt forum and not had any reported problems with the hh5  and as for my problem at home with my hh5 it must be a problem my end so i give up i am wasting my time.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 29

When ISP's eventually  realise that all they are selling is the connection and all that is needed for that is a modem then things may get better.

I have always been an advocate of ISP supply the modem, I'll have my own router which suits my needs and my network.

If ISP's wish to "willy wave" about who's "All-in-one" is best then let  them sell them as an extra to their "less knowledgeable unsuspecting customers" and watch the bigger backlash than the free offering is causing.

Rant over. Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

0 Ratings
xwrt
Contributor
Message 4 of 29

+1

The openreach modem is stilll the de facto  number 1 when it comes to  bt's sin 498 cpe requirements

http://www.sinet.bt.com/sinet/SINs/pdf/498v6p0.pdf

All in ones may help sales but  at this moment in time, can not match a dedicated modem.

0 Ratings
gutted
Contributor
Message 5 of 29

I think why bt are not saying there is a problem is because they have been told that up to 10 resets a day is fine  on a hh5 so when people phone to ask why their hh5 keeps resetting bt say that is the norm that is  just my opinion 

0 Ratings
mrspurp751
Beginner
Message 6 of 29

because sadly as long as your money is going to them per month...they couldn't give two hoots, I'm going to press further, thanks to dodgy line which been complaining about being dodgy since was activated years ago we've not been getting fibre optic that been paying over £40 a month for since last september, only yesterday was this actually recognised!!

so that's £40+ over the last what 16 months as paid first in advance so that's £640 had out of us for NOT providing what said would.....their answer everytime complained, send out another HH5 because that must be the problem (so yes, they do know the HH5 is **bleep**)

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 7 of 29

Does sound like a line fault mrspurp751 & I hope its sorted as it sounds you've had a time and half with it. 😞

If no joy possibly take a close look at bt's other isp plusnet in the boxing day sale offers 

The hh5 has been reported on before back in february when it was covered extensively.

A BT spokeswoman said to the usual outlets ect ect  ect :

We are not aware of any issues with the BT Home Hub 5 that might lead to these reports, however we will investigate the issues raised on our forums to see if we can identify anything.

The forum only represents a small snapshot of users to bt. 

Its interesting bt retails sister isp plusnet don't use an all in one  and their forum doesn't have the same type of problem threads ? 

0 Ratings
Tony-gbr
Contributor
Message 8 of 29

My hh5 has been disconnecting every 60-180 mins all day for a week. My pings and Download speeds are like ADSL speeds now. Engineer blamed electrical interference. Well brother lent me his old openreach modem and I bought a new router from PC world tonight 129.99 and my internet is stable albeit slow
0 Ratings
gutted
Contributor
Message 9 of 29

it does seem very strange that if you go on e bay there is openreach modem to sort out hh5 disconnecting problem but bt says there is not a problem 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 29

As far as I'm aware, the HH5 is working as intended.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings