Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jackh1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Are BT messing with my Hub?

Hi everyone!

First time I've posted here.

So, over the last few years, I've noticed that my Home Hub will start to stop working as efficiently as it used to when a new Home Hub is released.

It's no different this time. I've had perfect internet for ages, but now the Hub 6 has been released, my internet is shocking. So bad I can't even watch a 360p YouTube video!!

While the video was buffering I did a speed check and was coming back at over 30Mbps.

About half an hour ago I was online to BT and all they did was tell me to change the WiFi channel and its done nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Jack

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Are BT messing with my Hub?

It's coincidence. I'm still using a faultless home hub 4.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

totally unrelated a conspiracy theory if ever I have heard one
0 Ratings
jackh1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

It does, unless they're doing something to improve the network when the new ones come out or something like that. Whatever it is, it seems to slow my router down.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

It's coincindence.

If you're that paranoid, buy a third party router.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jackh1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

John, I wouldn't be so quick to say it's a conspiracy, it's just my wifi being slow. Not like I'm going on about ailiens or something. It just seems suspicious that something always happens at the time a new hub is released.

0 Ratings
jackh1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Webby, I did buy a NetGear once but then I couldn't use BT TV so I'm stuck with it haha

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

if you use an ethernet cable do you still get good connection so problem is your wifi connection?  if so try changing the channel on 2.4ghz to 13

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jackh1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Imjolly, I usually get around 50 on Ethernet and 30 on WiFi. But even when I get them speeds, I can't even stream a YouTube video. I have been looking on my wifi analyser to see what the best channel is so I keep changing it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

There are other third party routers that work with BT TV though 😉
0 Ratings