cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Asus ZenWifi AC on BT Fibre - massive drop in broadband speed?

Hello 

I have recently invested in a new mesh system ASUS ZenWifi AC to use with BT Fibre Broadband. I used to have Netgear Orbi as a mesh system but it didn't have all the features that I required. 

Anyway, I have installed the new ASUS ZenWifi AC in the exact same manner as the Netgear Orbi (which did not give me any speed related issues). I have dropped from approximately 55mbps to 16mbps at best. These are speeds using an Ethernet connection. I feel like the connection has reverted from Fibre broadband to the standard ADSL broadband and I can't seem to work out why as it is connected in the exact same manner as the Netgear Orbi. 

I use an Open Reach modem alongside my third party router - the same modem used with the Netgear Orbi. 

Please advise. 

Thanks

Dan

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Asus ZenWifi AC on BT Fibre - massive drop in broadband speed?

I’ve just tried the original BT Home Hub and still getting the same low speeds? Like I’ve been switched from Fibre to ADSL 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I doubt you've been switched, it would an engineer intervention at both cab and exchange.

Post the connection stats from the hub. HH5 Trouble shooting/helpdesk. HH6 advanced settings/technical log/information.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

itsmrgray_0-1606501913744.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Check for noise on your line. 17070 option2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

itsmrgray_0-1606502290513.png

No noise on the line either

itsmrgray_0-1606502965769.png

IP profile 20 Mbps? I am on BT Fibre 2 with download speeds aound 40-60 Mbps mark. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Your noise margin is also 22.5dB, as there's no noise on the line something must have upset DLM. See what happens over the next few days.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for your help so far @pippincp. I can't seem to work out why, even using three different routers including the original BT Smart Hub, the speed has dropped significantly. Coupled with this, there are the occasional internet drop-outs observed on more than one device - yet the router/satellites as well as the modem do not show any indication that the broadband connection has been "lost". 

0 Ratings