cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

At a loss - terrible line and repeated missed OpenReach appts

Hi,

I'm really at a loss here. 

Steve_m was kind enough to take a look at my line and it's amongst the worst he's seen. Our broadband is all but unusable. 

The problem was first reported at the very start of December but the line has been bad since November. 

We have had repeated Open Reach visits and have gotten nowhere. 

I took yesterday off work for an open reach appointment and they failed to show. BT rebooked it for today. My wife took the day off work - Open Reach failed to show.

We now can't get time off for the forseeable future.

The last BT person I spoke to today after missed appointment said we'd likely be in a position to get out of our contract, but that still leaves us with a rubbish line no matter who we transfer to.

We have been refunded £90, which was very much appreciated, but doesn't help us moving forward.

Is there anyone here who can help us get anywhere further please.

Thanks very much

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: At a loss - terrible line and repeated missed OpenReach appts

Do you know what the previous openreach engineers actually did to try and fix your connection

if you try quiet line test.  Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

We've had a new master socket, new drop wire and the connection from that wire to our house and some things changed while up the pole (not sure what though).

There is no noise on quiet line test

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

This is a chart Steve_M sent over

EAB70A73-9391-4514-961A-5FEC7B8CDF14.png

0 Ratings