cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ShadowSix
Message 1 of 2

At my wits end with Openreach and BT

Hey, thank you for reading.  I'd like to try and get some feedback on an issue that is driving me mad, and from my point of view as the customer, has displayed serious failings from both Openreach and BT and utterly inadequate communication between all parties.

I have had a long standing connection issue on my Broadband, first with Sky who seemed completely happy to let my line run with dropouts without finding the route cause, and then with BT in the hope that I would recieve a better service.

Slow speeds and disconnections were finally fixed a month or so ago when the first engineer to actually bother to look at something outside the house discovered a very poorly stretch of wire from the manhole around the corner to my property.  Luckily there was a spare spur down there so he swopped over, and for the first time in years, I had a solid high speed internet connection!

About a week later, at around midnight according to the router log, I lost my lovely Infitity 1 connection, and over 3 weeks later now, here I am still, with no connection.

I've left out the missed engineer apointments, the missed phonecalls, the too numerous to count broken promises, because I just want my connection back, suffice to say I am furious at this stage, and feeling totally helpless.

So the latest is that ANOTHER engineer visit has been boooked, and I'm frankly sick of going round in circles (not to mention losing half of another day), because that last visit just a week ago confimed no problems with the line.

So the connection is there, to the house.  The engineer can see it.  My router can see it because the little orange b is lit along with the orange bar.  The log on my router tells me that it's there, as does the line status page.  BUT it, will not connect, and noone can tell me why!!

Please, can anyone help?

Andrew

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: At my wits end with Openreach and BT

Hi @ShadowSix Sorry you are not having any joy with getting this fault fixed.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings