cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

August update caused slow down

My broadband had been working well and had a pretty good solid connection for several weeks bar one little blip. 

Since the latest update, my speeds have dropped and my noise margins increased. It happened  straight after the update. Coincidence maybe but it does seem weird. 

Anu suggestions?Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 12.45.05.jpgScreenshot 2019-09-05 at 11.33.32.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: August update caused slow down

Give it a couple of weeks and it should settle again. Meantime 3Mbps and .05dB is nothing to get worked up about.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

it was 50 a month ago though! Upload speed is pretty rubbish! But yes, I'll see what happens but why it should change after the update I don't know.

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Well, the connection has dropped 8 times since the new update, 5 times today.  There's something not right here. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

If this has only happened since the firmware update then maybe a factory reset to ensure firmware has updated correctly may help speed and stability

recessed button on back and hold 20/30 secs until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Thanks I’ll give that a go when I have time ; I’ll lose all my settings and I haven’t got time to sort all that out at the moment. BT shouldn’t force updates on us if there is danger of it not installing correctly . We should be able to choose timing for when we have time to deal with mess ups 

0 Ratings