cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Automatic connection to my BT hub 5 not working.

Go to solution

When I start up my laptop it will not automatically connect to my BT hub 5 even though the box is ticked to connect automatically. I have to click on the internet access and select my router from the list of neighbouring networks and click on connect. Another way that I discovered is to connect by holding the Fn key and pressing the F12 key which puts aeroplane mode on and repeat the same keys to put aeroplane mode off and it then connects me automaticaaly to my router. I wonder if anyone else experiencing this problem. Could it be down to windows version 1909? Any feedback will be welcomed.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Automatic connection to my BT hub 5 not working.

Go to solution

Try and reset your laptop's network connection.

Click on the wireless icon at the bottom right, select "Network and Internet settings". This will bring up a new box. Scroll down until you find "Network Reset". Click on that then "Reset Now". You will be told that your laptop needs to restart.

Restart it and once it has restarted you will need select the connection to your BT hub and enter the wireless password. Click the box to connect automatically.

Once you have done that you will be offered an option regarding others seeing you on your network. If you want to share folders etc with other on your private network click "yes".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Automatic connection to my BT hub 5 not working.

Go to solution
I followed your instructions and now my laptop connects automatically from start up. Thank you very much for your assistance.
0 Ratings