cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Availability Checker

So I'm currently with Virgin Media, with whom I am having major over utilisation issues with. So looking to switch provider. Now I have been with BT before and whilst I didn't particularly get the speeds I paid for (I believe it should have been 30Mbps only got 18Mbps) I still got far more than what is currently being offered which is 1-2Mbps. It is similar across all the providers that use Openreach's network , despite Openreach's speed checker saying I should have up to 80Mbps. 

I have checked both neighbours addresses and they get offered up to 25Mbps, so what is wrong with my address and how would I go about sorting it? Its rather frustrating as it currently forces me to stick with Virgin.

Thanks for any responses in advance. 

BBSpeed.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Availability Checker

As not a BT customer you need to use your address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Availability.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Having checked addresses either side of me it would seem that I'm actually serviced by a different cabinet. Why would that be the case?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Possibly because an infill cabinet has been provided and as you don't currently have a service, the checker perhaps thinks you will be connected to the original cabinet. Purely guessing.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

That can happen on occasions but only openreach would know why you are on a different cabinet

before you ask openreach will not move you to a different cabinet just to improve your broadband 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings