Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sunildvr
Message 1 of 2

Availability in Trumpington/Shelford

Hello, 

I wondered if anyone could shed light on BT Infinity availability close to Cambridge. My parents live between the villages of Shelford and Trumpington, on the southern fringe of Cambridge, and are currently with a well-known fibre provider as that appears to be the only decent option. 

All the cabinets in the area have been progressively receiving 'BT superfast broadband' stickers in the last year or so, but as far as I can tell we can only get very poor speed ADSL. The BT Wholesale checker suggests we are not on an 'exchange only' line, but connected to Trumpington exchange (EATRU) Cabinet 8 - details below. 

According to SamKnows, FTTC/FTTP is available in 'some' areas. Is there any way of finding out when BT Infinity might become a possibility for my parents? I assume Cabinet 8 is one of the ones shown in green on the "Connecting Cambridgeshire" website - but this also shows where they live as a grey area on the coverage map meaning ''Superfast Broadband is or will be made available through commercial providers, so this is not part of the intervention programme". 

Or are my parents going to be forever limited to Virgin Media…?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!

broadband.png

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Availability in Trumpington/Shelford

Looks like included in the BDUK Cambridgeshire so I would check there website and also write to them and see if you can get an update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings