Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
d4nn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Available but not to my phone number

Hi Forum,

I have been sent here after speaking to a BT engineer who suggested that I may find a resolution.

My Problem:

I have recently moved house from Staffordshire to Bromsgrove.

In my old house I had BT infinity and wanted to continue to receive the service when I moved.

I was informed they couldn't check the line and confirm that I could receive BT infinity so they suggested I signed up for the regular connection and once installed they would rebook an engineer for the infinity.

I had the phone line installed and the standard BT broadband is working. When the engineer was at my house he had a little trouble installing the phone line. He said that strangely my line connects from one cabinet to another.

Once the line was installed, I spoke to a BT advisor who told me that the BT Infinity wasn't available in my Area.

Looking on line, It is available to my postcode.. but not to my telephone number.

I have spoken to a neighbour (from a few houses away) who receives BT Infinity.

Two businesses that I can see from my front door also have BT infinity available if you check their phone number on the website.

So BT infinity is all around me but not available to my house. The bromsgrove exchange (that i'm connected to) is enabled and the box close to me is enabled.

So my question is.

Why can't i get infinity 😞

Is the because i connect through 2 cabinets and that is whats causing the problem?

Any thoughts or directions you can give me would be much appricated.

I'm a massive online gamer and watch lots of online streams of videos and I'm struggling with the current connection.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Available but not to my phone number

What does the address checker say? http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addressOutput
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
d4nn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

bt.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 15

I suggest you raise it with the Mods http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

--
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

what does this one say  http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Telephone?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&VERSION=...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
d4nn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

bt2.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 15

That's exciting - you have FTTPoD available!
--
0 Ratings
d4nn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Ok, I have submitted an enquiry as suggested.

Thanks for the help so far.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

but odd as well as you need FTTC first before FTTPoD

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
d4nn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

0 Ratings