cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Available speed at my flat- goes down, what next?

I'm living in a building with 16 flats. Currently I got Fibre 1 (Speed 32-50 Mbps, Guarantee - 30Mbps). That was the maximum that I could get at my flat, My contract is going to end in a couple of months. When I checked the upgrade and offers for me I only got available 31-34Mbps. So it's downgraded.
I want to check the BT website for available deals and check my address: I only got an option for Essential Broadband 8-16Mbps. Its shocked me. When I chose an address of my Building (without flat number) - I got full options: up to 145Mbps. But selecting my flat I got only essential. 
I got questions: When my contract will end- my speed will be the same (price going up by £8), or what? Is better to pay more but stay at the same speed. Slower what I got now in 21 century for me is some joke. I watching Netflix, playing games etc.

Another question - I cant upgrade for better speed? Any solution for that? 

I got 2 new neighbours, so they use "speed" for my Building (is possible?)
Another thing: In the website: MY BT - broadband i got speed what mentioned before. But when I chose to upgrade it said my speed is slower (31-34).
I tried the Availability Checker for my phone number. I got these options, But sorry don't understand this.bt.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Available speed at my flat- goes down, what next?

The checker results show that expected connection speed range is 61/44mb and you are currently getting 37mb on 9th January 

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal
Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thank You for reply.

I don't have a cord phone, I don't need them, only using line to access the internet.   
I also spoke with bt customer service, and he told me, in upgrade i cant see better options (or my current option) because its too long to end my contract. I'm just little worried what will happen in May (the speed need to be same or better). I'm looking for another flat, that's why I start thinking about broadband in new places. That's why I check option to upgrade, or change speed.  Because if my option for future broadband will be so slow, thats speed my looking for another place. 

My info from technical Log:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

xxx

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

27-Mar-2020

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 2 Hours 48 Minutes 12 Seconds

Data rate:

6.00 Mbps / 49.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

7625 / 51423

Noise margin:

8.3 dB / 6.7 dB

Line attenuation:

39.8 dB

Signal attenuation:

28.9 dB / 39.8 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

145 MB Uploaded / 1 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-X235

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-X235

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 48)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

xxx

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Your DSL uptime is just short of 2hrs. Was this a reboot by you? Without knowing the stats from earlier we don't know if there has been an improvement but you are now syncing at 49Mb.

Message 5 of 11

Yeah, 2 minutes without power. Some works on electric booth.

But anyone know anwser what happen when contract end and i dont have option for faster broadband than 31-34 offered . Now i got max 52mbps and Its not bad. And it can be possible to not get better (or same) speed when upgrading contract? The speed can be worse than before ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Renewing your contract will not reduce the speed you currently receive

are you able to post results from the dslchecker to see what speed range you should get

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 11

So why when check speed on website avaliable at my flat is only essential, and in my BT upgrade options is lower than now?

Dslchecker You mean this:bt3.jpg

bt2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Sorry my mistake as you previously had posted the dslchecker results

as @pippincp  posted you currently have a 49mb connection speed so well into your expected speed range

Message 9 of 11

Okay, that a decent speed. Like I said got Fibre 1 now and its okay. I Just want to have the same or better speed, when renew my contract. But completely don't understand, why availability checker on website BT (an others like SKY) show me, only available option for me is Essential broadband (8-16mbps), and upgrade option show me only: 31-34Mbps. Thats why im so confused. Its only about future, I just need to plan what with my flat (new or stay in here).
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

The dslchecker shows your attainable range of speeds and you are currently with your 49mb well within your expected range. No reason when renewing your speed should change to the speed you currently have. You will not get faster even moving to fibre 2 will not get you any faster speed than you currently are receiving

0 Ratings