Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craig_jones80
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Awaiting update

Hi all,

In August we moved into a new build property and quickly found that virgin (our then current supplier) wouldn’t supply us in the new house.

So in October (20th) after being strung along by virgin for two months I decided to order a phone line and broadband from BT. I was told at the time that to start with I could only have basic broadband as BT didn’t know what cabinet I would be attached to but I should be able to upgrade over the phone once all fitted.

I was told of a install date of the 12th nov which when the engineer came he told us that he couldn’t complete the install because our house was set back from the pole he need to attach us to and they needed to bring the line from that pole to another one across the street from us.

I received a text that day saying that I would have an update on the 23rd nov (yesterday).

I’ve been checking my by app every day and it’s saying that openreach have conducted a survey and that I will recieve an update on the 21st nov.

I have not yet been updated and I would like to know when we will be connected. As it’s been nearly 3 months without internet ( not BT’s fault) it’s getting really hard for us now.

Could someone please find out what’s happening?
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Awaiting update

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @craig_jones80,

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry the activation of your service has been delayed.

I'd like to take a look to see if I can get a better understanding of what is happening with that order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 9

Hi @craig_jones80 thanks for taking my call today, I am sorry you weren't contacted yesterday.

The connections team have sent this off to get the order placed on the correct exchange - I will get back to you on Monday as discussed.

Thanks

0 Ratings
craig_jones80
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I've now left it 24hrs and I've just sumbmitted a new order online order reference vol013-*********************

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 9

Hi @craig_jones80 thanks for taking my call there. I'll get back in touch at the start of next week about your broadband, as it'll take the team a few days to get the routing fixed on their end.

Thanks

0 Ratings
craig_jones80
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi Stephanie we still haven’t got any internet. We had an engineer show up on Friday and he told me that apparently it’s an easy fix but yet still no progress. I’m hoping this gets fixed soon as now I beginning to look at other providers.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 9

You would have the same problem with any other provider (except Virgin) as they all use the Openreach network to supply broadband.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 9

Hi @craig_jones80 thanks for taking my call this evening - as discussed, the network address team has picked this up, and they're getting the routing updated for your broadband. So fingers crossed this won't take much longer to get sorted 🙂

Thanks

0 Ratings