cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smob62
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 183

Re: BBC Iplayer not watchable with BT INFINITY - warning!

i too have put in complaint to bt over a week ago with no reply at all. it will be the md next. man named warren buckley. good luck people.
0 Ratings
rtweed
Beginner
Message 22 of 183

Same problem here with the Sony KDL-32W5810 Freesat TV.  Unable now to get iPlayer from the set.

Spoke to Sony who responded by asking me to check whether I could get widgets on the set.  Having confirmed that I can, they stated that it meant to I was connected to the net and meant that it was a routing problem with the ISP > BT Infinity. 

Adding the comment here to state that I too have the same issue, and hoping that by doing so a solution can be found

0 Ratings
Neolithic
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 183

I too am having problems with the iplayer. My speed test results and file downloads are perfect and very fast but the iplayer keeps showing a message saying insufficient bandwidth for streaming? All seems a little strange to me. General http browsing has slowed right down as well over the past 2-3 weeks. Not since my dial up days have I had to sit and watch images on a site load one by one.

Something is broken somewhere and needs to be corrected PDQ

0 Ratings
smob62
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 183

hi,  at the risk of repeating myself, can i ask which freesat tv are you using and where in the country are you. if its a sony please add this to their forums.  you will at least get an answer from someone, be it  helpfull or not is another matter.  bt tech services just choose to ignore the complaints.  if they spent more on problem solving and less on flash tv ads we would be a lot better off.

regards.  steve m.

0 Ratings
smob62
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 183

hi all.   bt  tech services have just told me that tv's and other items are not covered by standard bt phone and broadband tech services and that you must contact  bt.com/home it     to get  the required service.  this will cost you 30 pounds for a phone solution or 90 pounds  for a home visit.  no solution is promised.    so even if the problem is caused by infinity. the customer pays to fix it.  welcome to rip off britain.  this is one contract that wont be renewed.  so much for customer service.  bt should spend money to keep its paying customers while it still has some not insult us with more flash tv ads.  i hope warren buckley the md  is proud of this so called service.   a very  unhappy customer.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 183

I have a possible reason of what the problem is, but who will fix it depends on what product is having the problem

I'm currently on another VDSL2 service similar to infinity and initially had this problem with my popcorn hour c-200. On this machine I wasn't originally able to install the iplayer plugin.

I posted on the NMT forums and their admins found it was because of my ipaddress - once they added it into their settings I was able to install and watch iplayer without problems.

see this thread http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=46302&page=9 - i posted info on page 8 that I couldn't get it and on page 9 they resolve it by adding my ip into their country list

So in theory yes this is a BT issue they need to add the routing into their system - now if you connect to other servers like the c-200 does then you will need to contact the manufacturers of those products to get your ip added

0 Ratings
Neolithic
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 183

I only use a PC but still suffer the same problems, even when the PC is connected via ethernet. Not what I expected for the price really.

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 183

Hi Folks

I don't have any Sony devices but am very interested in the SMP-N200, however iPlayer working is very important to me.

My question, with the TVs and/or SMP-N200; are you able to input network settings as opposed to relying on the DHCP assigned options? I'm wondering if you can specifiy a DNS server, try first using the router IP as the DNS server or specifying one of Google's public DNS servers (8.8.8.8). Can someone check this out pls?

Thanks - mark

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 183

Few people have had problems with this. Try changing your DNS to the google dns (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Seems to solve the issue

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
BRM494
Message 30 of 183

Changed DNS settings on Sony Bravia KDL Z5800 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Made no difference.

Read elsewhere Freesat and BT have discussed issue and were to make a decision on 6th Jan. ??????

0 Ratings