cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smob62
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 183

Re: BBC Iplayer not watchable with BT INFINITY - warning!

greetings people,  i had an e-mail from freesat tech team on sat 7-1-12  just to say that they are aware of the problem. and are working on a solution. but it could be a while yet.  they chose  not to comment when i reminded them that  this was solely a bt infinity problem.     although  since  incompetence and arrogance seem to be  the requirements for the job,   i would not hold your breath for an answer.   their upgrade to fibre optic  started the problem,  so of course  the customer  should pay to get it fixed.    after all they will  always let you walk away from the  contract  because of their negligence.   try it and see what  happens.   

0 Ratings
smob62
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 183

greetings people,   shock  horror surprise,    my bbc i-player  through freesat and bt  infinity  is suddenly  back up and running again this afternoon.   i have no idea why,  but it is running smooth  today.  i have made no further changes to  the set up which is using a lan cable and hh 3.   we live in staffordshire.  please update this page if your systems are now working again.  i will pass on any further changes.  we cannot get itv player through freesat, but we could not before anyway.   regards.    steve m.

0 Ratings
tecmic
Contributor
Message 33 of 183

I get iPlayer, no lag or glitches from my iPad via Apple TV, wirelessly from a HH2 and old broadband at 3 - 3.5 meg download.

If Infinity and a HH3 can't do that (when I eventually get it!!!!) I shall be making 'noises'.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 183

just installed today and it was one of the things i tested and it works perfectly

0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 35 of 183

sounds like what happened to thw Wii iPlayer app when Nintendo broke it in an update and it didn't work for several months.

The problem is that it's not always the ISP problem if something like this doesn't work, it could be a peering issue or something else entirely.

0 Ratings
smob62
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 183

hi, always good to hear from an expert, although this is all greek to me.  it just seemed strange that virtually every complaint was  found to be using bt infinity. granted a few people reported no faults at all.  i think it was the arrogance of bt wanting to charge customers to fix the problem  which they caused.  i do not believe that any other isp's   make this charge.  customer service at bt  leaves a lot to be desired.   regards. steve m.

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 37 of 183

Hi that seems odd I've just checked here and it work great here even np with the HD content.
iechyd da
0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 38 of 183

It does sound a lot more like a specific box applicaion that isn't working properly, especially as that who has admitted to the problem.

I have iplayer on my ,TV, PS3, playbook, sourround sound as well as my PC's and none of them have ever shown a problem on Infinity.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 183

Works fine on both my Samsung TV's (only after a firmware upgrade but this was a Samsung issue) works fine on my laptop and iPhone
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Maturecheese
Contributor
Message 40 of 183

Perhaps your speed issues could be down to contention and that is possibly different from exchange to exchange.  That would explain why some lucky posters on here have with no problems with Infinity.

0 Ratings