cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robh66
Contributor
Message 51 of 183

Re: BBC Iplayer not watchable with BT INFINITY - warning!

The best way would be to load up the iPlayer and get it to run it's own diagnostics test and that should give you some sort of answer as to what is going wrong.

Because i'm able to watch Formula 1 on the iPlayer, and that doesn't stall or stutter. And i've got Infinity 2

0 Ratings
astan789
Message 52 of 183

robh66 - are you running on a Humax STB?  

0 Ratings
BGunter
Beginner
Message 53 of 183

I too am having problems with BT infinity and BBC iplayer. I previously had BE unlimited and a download speed of 7Mb. With this I was able to watch in higher qulaity mode on my Humax Freesat PVR. Installed infinity last week now with 30Mb on infinity I cannot watch even on the lowest quality feed.

I tried direct ethernet cable from Homehub to Humax, no difference still inwatchable. Seems to be the BT end as I have read Panasonic and Wii users also have similar problems.

I had read all the warnings but it does appear that BT does have a problem. My wife is NOT pleased with paying extra for an inferior product.

0 Ratings
janner43
Contributor
Message 54 of 183

I have also experienced this. my setup is...

No home PC (neither desktop or laptop).

Humax Freesat Foxsat HD connected via ethernet cable

Android Asus Transformer tf101

Infinity with 40d/10u on a line that the engineer showed me his test meter results was capable of 105mbs down/ 34mbsup

Tried to watch iplayer on the Freesat box. Friday - played fine. Monday - played fine. Thursday - buffering & unwatcheable. At the same time, ITV player WAS watchable, as was YouTube on the tablet - full screen, HQ. (Not all at the same time, just ran the ITV & YT, to check)

Long call to BT Tech with no resolution. Friday am - no change until I powered Freesat box & HH3 off at the mains. Then iplayer worked again. (BT speedtest gave 31/7 with a ping of 51ms - which is a poor ping IMO)

Anyone with any ideas as to reasons?

0 Ratings
BGunter
Beginner
Message 55 of 183

No response from BT (as I expected from reading comments about their lamentable support systems) so used the impasse to prompt me to buy an Apple Tv (£99) and some additional software AirParrot to mirror by Macbook to by TV. Now I can watch BBC iplayer, ITV player, 4oD and 5. In addition can look at the internet on a 46 inch screen, play music, internet radio, photo albums and Youtube.

Wouldn't have bouyght it if I hadn't encountred this problem. Silver lining comes to mind.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 183

@BGunter if you are having problems with your infinity service then why don't you contact the forum mods they can look into any problems you may have
0 Ratings
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 183

We have no issues at all with iPlayer. Weird, innit??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 58 of 183

neither do I !!!
0 Ratings
backnine
Contributor
Message 59 of 183

I'm on FTTP and tonight watching the Spain game on Iplayer it was constantly buffering. No probs before.

I did this test during the game so no lack of band width            Capture.PNG

I put it done to bbc problem. I also read somewhere that the Iplayer was now IPV6 and BT homehub won't except IPV6

I could be very wrong but I suspect there's a lot of people using the Iplayer tonight.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 60 of 183

Out of pure curiosity, just tried on my up to 8mb adsl connection, via wireless, with no issues here at all.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings