1) Can anyone explain why on Infinity 2 there is still some buffering (greatly reduced) and I have already experienced the locked iPlayer screen with the caption of 'insufficient bandwidth'?
2) The provided email ID & password are not recognised anywhere - maybe linked to 2 failed installations; not sure?
3) McAfee unable to be downloaded as the system fails to recognise the package I'm on (Infinity 2 & Anytime) and the only option is 'to upgrade' bizarre.
4) Day four of BT Broadband Services and my assessment would be 'could do better'
With 42mb down, i would think that watching iPlayer wouldnt be a problem at all, obviosly im wrong.
1) I've not had any problems myself with Infinity Option 2 (business version however, but shouldn't make a scrap of difference really) since last Friday afternoon, when I had it installed.
2) That is strange. I would contact BT, failing that please contact the mods as I've heard they're very efficient at getting problems resolved (I'm sure someone here will provide the link as I can't remember, I must make note of it one day! Failing that there's other posts here with that replied info somewhere, sorry)
3) Eww, McAfee?! I personally avoid McAfee and Nortons products. My recommendations are Panda Cloud Free, AVG Free, or Microsoft Security Essentials (best one of the three imo)
4) 'Could do better'? Do you mean your speeds are slow on speedtests such as speedtest.net, compared to what you were estimated to get by BT's Line Checker facility? If so could you run a test at http://speedtester.bt.com/ and tell us your IP profiles (not the beta test though), and tell us the results from http://speedtest.net/.
I also get this on Iplayer and I know of others who get it (Sky Fibre) I think its just a BBC issue.
You can also right click on the iplayer video and click toggle info console which will tell you your current stream rate etc.