cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT 100 download speed dropped

Back when I upgraded to BT 100 in December, my download speed averaged 150mb, like they said it would. Now it's averaging around 82mb. I get this reading from the speedcheck pro app. Also my playstation. 

When I do speed test on BT app it says everything is fine and I am getting 150mb download speed to the hub. It also says the speed to device meets guaranteed minimum of 100mb.

So, where is the issue? The speedcheck pro app said it was 150mb at the start when I got it. Now it says around 80mb. But the BT app says it's all good. Which is right?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT 100 download speed dropped

Are you running the speedtests on WiFi or wired in?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Speedtests are WiFi. Always have been.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Even though the tests always have been on wifi, you cannot guarantee anything with over wifi. Things in the environment can change such as congestion on certain wifi channels or interference etc. This change may not be down to you, it could be a neighbour switching channels onto the same one you are using, for example. But these things would impact your wifi performance.

You should first try some wired speedtests and establish what you are actually getting at your router output. If that is  150 mbps, then that determines that your connection is completely fine. Your next step then would be to try and figure out ways to improve your wifi. That could be as simple as trying a different wifi channel. But first, a wired test and then go from there.