cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT 900, 30MB Upload

Go to solution

Is this normal? When I first got FTTP 900 installed at my old address a couple of years ago I had something similar - however it soon got rectified after a mix of a few posts on here and speaking to an engineer.

I digress. I completed on a Barratt Homes new build Friday 11 February, which was built December 2021, and had the BT ONT FTTP already installed.

When I first moved in I was without the Smart Hub 2, so temporarily tried a PPPOE connection as I had an ethernet cable to hand. The download speed was around 250MB and the upload was approximately 150MB.

However, I now have a Smart Hub 2 and, as expected, my download speed constantly hits the 900MB mark. However my upload speed refuses to go above 30MB.

I spoke to a few different people at BT yesterday and he said that is pretty much normal as the upload speed is not guaranteed. He did a little bit of wizadry his end - checking the line etc. and rebooting my hub, however it made no difference whatsoever.

Has anyone else experienced similar on the 900?

Regards,

Chris 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT 900, 30MB Upload

Go to solution
this doesn't sound right - I have FTTP 900 and get 900 down and 110 up. Having said that the SH2 initially capped my upload at 50Mbps but after a day or 2 went to the full 110. 30 seems low to me, maybe the SH2 needs an update?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Chrisinti, welcome back and the advice from @Kielty23  is correct. The hub should automatically update within 48hrs of being connected. Please don't keep resetting the hub. 

If you've already had the hub connected for 48hrs please let me know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanking you, both.

And nope, no worries, I have not unplugged the hub or reset it once yet - the only reboot thus far was done BT's end.

On the Smart Hub 2 Manager page it says the firmware was updated yesterday.

@JohnC2 it has not been connected 48 hours yet, just over 24, so apologies for my impatience. I will now give it another day or two and see what happens, like @Kielty23 mentioned. 😀

Either way, I'll be back with an update should it remain around 30MB.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Chrisinti, thanks for posting back and if it hasn't corrected the upload we'll be happy to help get it fixed for you.

Cheers

John

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Good morning, @JohnC2 

So it is almost 80 hours now and the upload speed still definitely remains capped at 30MB.

If you wouldn't mind having a further look into this I'd be ever so grateful.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Good afternoon @Chrisinti,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry that it hasn't corrected itself yet.

I'll send you a private message where you can reply back to me. We'll get this picked up for you.

Thanks
DanielS