cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: BT Broadband Upgrade

Go to solution
So, there's no way of asking BT to confirm that the work they wrote to me about has actually been carried out?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

I have no idea why this is bothering you so much. As I said previously, there is no upgrade possible to increase your speed, ergo nothing was done or could be done.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution
In which case, why did BT send me a message to say they would be improving my speed?
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Because it was a mistake and you shouldn't have received it? Has been known to happen. Hence one of the mods marking message 7 as the solution.

Not sure how many times more I can say this. Your speed cannot be improved with an upgrade other than providing full fibre to your house.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

@WorriedParent wrote:
In which case, why did BT send me a message to say they would be improving my speed?

It could be a fake message appearing to come from BT. Did you have to respond in any way to the message?

Just reading the message would confirm to whoever sent it, that your mobile number was active. This is a common tactic used by spammers, so you may get more of these types of messages. I usually delete messages from numbers that I do not recognise.

Message 16 of 21

Go to solution
Glad to report that my broadband speed is now 46Mbps, up from the 38Mbps of the last few years.
So, it would seem that BT did indeed do an upgrade, although about a month after originally announced.
Of course, I never doubted them for a moment!
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

I can assure you that whatever has caused your slight increase in speed was not due to an 'upgrade'. It was probably due to a fault being cleared or a crosstalk disturber ceasing their service.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution
I bow to your superior knowledge, sir, but it's been 38Mbps for literally years, I get the message from BT saying they are going to upgrade to a faster speed, and now it's 46Mbps!

Whatever, I'm now getting a higher speed for the same price, so a happy bunny.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
Just a thought from a non-technical person, but could the increase in speed (which has been a solid 48Mbps for the last couple of weeks) be due to me being transferred to a closer cabinet? This would also account for the 2 hour break that BT warned us about. Is there any way to determine which cabinet we're on, please?
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

It is possible that is what happened, but I would have expected to have seen a larger improvement than the one you have experienced.

If you enter your phone number in the checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL it will reveal the exchange and cabinet you are connected to. Unless you know which cab you were connected to prior to the speed increase you won't know if your cab has changed however.

Post the cab and exchange information (but not your phone number) and it might give us some clues as to whether it is an infill cabinet.

0 Ratings