cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

BT Broadband been dropping 7+ times a day for months.

I have contacted BT about 10 times. Each time they give me a new "solution" that dosent see to work. Somehow i fixed it but that only lasted about 2 weeks. Since saturday it has dropping again.  It also drops when i get a  phone call but this isnt the only times it disconects. It is driving me crazy as i also dont know if its a line fault or broardband as i can also hear a noisey line. 

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: BT Broadband been dropping 7+ times a day for months.

can you post stats from your router

have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter and see if that helps stability by eliminating your internal wiring  when in test socket check that there is no dial tone at any extension socket  also try quiet line test  dial 17070 oprion 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 31

Hi i dont have a test socket, my socket on the wall is split into 2 sockets, 1 for the broadband and 1 for the phone.

0 Ratings
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 31

Also to add i have had a replacement hub which didnt help either. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 31

does your mastre have a split face then take of bottom half and test socket visible

test-socket-thumb.jpgfibre SSFP.jpg

test socket shown by black arrow  but need to remove centre section shown with yellow arrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Hi i also dont think i have a filter?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 31

You were sent one with each router.
0 Ratings
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 31

Definatly didnt get one in my Smart Hub box. I just read it also and it says its not included 

0 Ratings
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

This issue is still not resolved, drop offs every day still and no signs of progress. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 31

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to eliminate your internal wiring as a problem ?

0 Ratings