cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 31

Re: BT Broadband been dropping 7+ times a day for months.

@gg30340

I didn't want to fall foul of any issues.

Thanks. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Yes it is the only socket in the property as the other one got disconnected years ago. If the problem is my internal wireing, will the wifi drop or stay on?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 31

If the problem is your wiring then that will cause the connection drop and the have will have to reconnect which during thus period your wireless connection will drop and come back when hub reconnects

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Ah righty, so for the sake of this  test socket test, i should be hoping that using the test socket helps the connection stay stable? Or would the test socket working fine mean my internal is at fault?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 31

by connecting to the test socket with a filter the hope is that your connection stability will improve suggesting faulty faceplate or somethin internal.  however if the problem persists then cause is most likely outside your home and needs an engineer visit which should be free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Right got an update on this issue. After 4 day of being plugged into the test socket, there was 0 drops. Up until today where drops have been even more frequent than ever. Some even every 10 - 20 mins. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 31

Did you check for any line noise

0 Ratings
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

By plugging the phone directly into the Test socket? 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 31

Into the filter if still have hub in test socket or test socket direct. Should be quiet with no hiss/ crackle

0 Ratings
JamiePay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Update:

So  after the last drop off, i had no drop untill another 4 days later. Seems like a bit of a patern this? Anyway after that drop i did a Line test and there was alot less noise than when the cables were plugged into the normal socket. Still the sligest of noise but without listening stongly you wouldnt hear this. So its been 2 days since that drop off and it just went off again. Whatever the problem is, having the test socket seems to help the time the connection is up but not the drops. 

0 Ratings