cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT Broadband connection to Hyperoptic equipment

Go to solution

Hi, I am shortly due to move in to a new build house which I understand has been fitted with Hyperoptic equipment. I want to keep my existing contract with BT who say I can just plug my new BT router in to the new house and don't need a BT Engineer to visit. Is this correct? 

Do I need to remove the Hyperoptic Modem and Router? (The HO equipment is in an cupboard in the kitchen with pre-installed wiring to the lounge). Is it a simple a just plug and play with the BT router into the HO modem? Or do I need a BT Modem installed by an Engineer? Advice appreciated  please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Broadband connection to Hyperoptic equipment

Go to solution

Hyperoptic is an independent company and has nothing to do with BT. You will need to cancel your BT contract and sign up to Hyperoptic.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

I'm am in contract with BT who tell me that I can get very good speeds and a BT connection at the new address, so it seems I don't need to cancel and can keep BT? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

It seems unlikely, as that would require both Hyperoptic fibre infrastructure and Openreach copper infrastructure to be present at the property. If it is a new build, Openreach would not be providing copper and if Hyperoptic have provided fibre, nor would they be providing another fibre network. 

You cannot receive BT service via Hyperoptic infrastructure.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

BT have told me that Fibre is available at the property with did of upto 900mp/s, so surely they have they're own fibre installed and available? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Possible I suppose, but I would have thought very unlikely that there would be 2 fibre suppliers providing infrastructure.

I would ring the FTTP team to confirm 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

If you currently have a copper delivered service(FTTC) then your current hub won't work at a FTTP installation. A different variant of the hub with a WAN port is required.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

I’m pretty certain Hyperoptic don’t have their own network and use Openreach FTTH/leased lines.

If that is the case there is no issue, call the team as advised to check.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Hmm, I'm pretty sure they build their own infrastructure, however, they may also lease fibre from Openreach in some areas but don't know if they do.

Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@Fstbloke72  does the optical modem (ONT) have Openreach or Hyperoptic branding?

0 Ratings