Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wallett101
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Broadband cutting out every day

Hello,

I have had BT broadband for years now and it's never been good, but it's the best service in my area. For the last year or so, my broadband has been cutting every day for 5 minutes to 1:30 hours, This is very annoying as I am a huge PC gamer and this means I can barely play. I have had at least a dozen Openreach engineers all saying there are no problems and just reset my broadband at my exchange, one Openreach engineer said that when he checked the connection through his diagnostic system, that there were no problems but the cable was in a very bad condition which caused the internet to cut out, and he said he would call an Underground engineer but when they arrived they just said nothing was wrong and reset the connection like everyone else. I wouldn't be as annoyed if I got good internet when my broadband is up because I pay for 60MB/S but I'm am not even joking, my average speed is 500KB/S, which isn't even good enough to stream Youtube, let alone Gaming. I need to find a solution because 500KB/S isn't enough for a family of 5. I would be open to any solution, I was looking at a BT 4G smart hub. If you know anything that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Broadband cutting out every day

@Wallett101

A few things to help you (and the forum) out. 

1.  Can you go to the DSL Checker type in your number and take a screen shot of the results and post it back here?  Remember to remove your number from the results before posting the image here.  Use the Photo's button to post the image.
  2. What Hub/Router are you using? How are you connected to it? 
Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Broadband cutting out every day

post stats from your hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

is it your actually internet connection that is dropping - hub lights changing colour - or is your wifi that is dropping connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.