Did you mean: 
smithiee
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Cabinet upgrade

ok peoples so i still cant find an answer to my question from anyone,

so question "when can i get Fiber broadband"

i have looked high and low and across the internet,

my postcode bs247jr, im on cabinet 25 or so all the information tells me, there IS a bigger green cabinet next to the old number 25 cabinet, both exchanges in my town are fiber ready and the one im on for nearly 2 years, but it still tells me i cant get fiber,

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_mapping says i can (i think)

openreach website says yes both exchanges ready,

but all i get told is you may not be able to because we cant be arsed!?!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cabinet upgrade

There's lots of posts about this. Your exchange might be ready but that doesn't mean that your specific street cabinet is enabled. The most accurate checker is this one - just put i your phone number and it will tell you which cab you are on and what services are available to you. I doubt however that it will tell you they can't be a***d. :smileylol:

0 Ratings
smithiee
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

hey Ach

yeah tryed this one as well but still only tells what i already know that i get a **bleep**ers 2mps if im lucky,

but nothing what so ever about fiber and where and when i think its a joke really, i have lived here for two years now and it seems that its "well we wont tell you where and when, and if we can be botherd we will at some point oh and thats only if we can be bothered to pay for it as well, if not you have to raise the funds privately and then pay us to do it for you anyway!"

0 Ratings
ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

The phone number checker is the most accurate - if it hasn't got any info in it then sadly you are not currently on the roll out plan. As the fibre roll out is down to Openreach and not BT then this will be the same for all providers unless VM decide to invest into your area.

If you are only getting 2Mbps on ADSL (Max, 2, 2+) try posting your router stats etc and maybe the clever people here can advise how to stabilise or improve your current connection. If you do go down this route, try it with an open mind instead of assuming BT are against you, because they're not - worst case is you get what you've already got, but best case is that some tips can improve your connection.

0 Ratings