cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: BT Capping bandwidth to geforce now

It's not absolutely no reason, instead of using call centre i was able to use live chat to book an engineer visit. I pay for 130mbps and to get 30mbps which gives me an unplayable experience is clearly something that shouldn't happen. Especially when others with different ISPs don't have this issue but many with BT do.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Be prepared to pay £85.00 when/if no fault can be found. Do let us know how you get on.

Message 13 of 26

Don't see why I would get charged when the live chat agent said that's what I should do and neither is there anything that is listed here a cause for me to be charged but thanks for the input.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

@k0les 

Could it be that when using your VPN that the route taken to the Geforce Now server(s) might be totally different and avoids a congestion?

I say that with very little experience of that side of things but just offering up a possible explanation.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

@TimCurtis I've suggested this and was shot down

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

I wonder if @k0les could try pinging the server with and without the VPN in place and see if the routing is different.

Message 17 of 26

Do you mean doing tracert [server ip] with VPN and without VPN?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Here's what shows up

Screenshot_2.png

Message 20 of 26

Looks like the VPN is taking a more optimal route... You are getting timeouts on the non-vpn tracert but no timeouts on the other... the first timeout looks like its coming from your public IP going out to the internet, so might be your router/sh2, and the second timeout seems to not be on BT's infrastructure.

I would have a look at doing a reset of the router/sh2 and go from there.

0 Ratings