cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: BT Capping

Go to solution

In plain English, one gigabits per second is equivalent or close to one hundred megabytes per second.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Go to solution

Hi,

Yes it's very strange, I'm getting the upload speed that I should just not the download, the line ip profile is correct, bt can't seem to work out the issue themselves 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Go to solution

@nugget96  & @tnjrad  can you both post the result of a speed test at fast.com.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution

That is the issue, I am a little out of touch but BT Openreach provide the local link from the cabinet to the household. For me there was a problem and now that has been resolved and my hub can talk to the cabinet at nearly 400Mb/s. However at present I can get 145Mb/s which is exactly the same as I got on Fibre 150. The fibre from the exchange to the cabinet has way more capacity than this and even if the contention was obscene at certain times  the data rate would exceed 145Mb/s at some time. I believe that that there is some upstream router that has not been programmed to allow me a higher data rate. 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

Go to solution

Fast.com shows 47mb/s.

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com seems more relevant

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

Go to solution

@pippincp here is results from fast.com and bt wholesale speed checker.fast.png_bt wholesale.png

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution

@tnjrad you literally have the exact same problem as me, hoping somebody on here will be able to help us.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

Spoke to bt this morning, lovely woman on the phone did loads of tests, she was seeing the same, my hub only getting 140mb to it. She has now escalated my case to the marvel team who are apparently a dedicated team for dealing with problems like these.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution

BT took over my HomeHub remotely, asked my to remove all LAN connections and they tested it and agreed with me on the speed issue.  Later in the afternoon they remotely performed a firmware update and factory reset. It is not fixed yet but they are working on it.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

The max line speed between the Hub and Cabinet seems to vary between 420Mb/s and 360Mb/s depending on time of day but the download data rate seems constant capped at 145Mb/s and measured at that rate by BT.

0 Ratings