cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 29

Re: BT Chat Advisor

your download speed is set by your IP Profile which is 96.79% of your actual connection speed you actual download speed can be anything up to your IP profile

also a speedtest carried out wirelessly is not accurate
0 Ratings
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 22 of 29

I've had to complete wired speedtests as the bt customer advisors won't progress with troubleshooting unless your using a wired connection.

Whilst "vectoring" does appear to potentially solve some of the issue of crosstalk how long will this take to roll out? And in the meantime I'm not receiving speeds quoted with the potential for further degredation

If crosstalk is a relevant factor to degredation of service and I was encouraged to sign up based on receiving maximum speeds do you think it worthwhile I attempt to "renegotiate" my costs?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 29

At 70mb you are still getting a better connection on infinity 2 than many and as it is within your estimate then I would think it highly unlikely BT will negotiate anything. As your noise margin is above the norm of 6db it may still reduce giving a speed increase provided you can maintain a stable connection. It may take 3 weeks maybe longer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Based on the DSL checker on the A range of a clean line the low downstream I should expect is 69.4mbps and router stats are currently showing 68.45 mbps so I'm currently just outside the lowest range!

If the crosstalk is affecting the SNR how unlikely is it to return to 6?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 29

Provided quiet line test is ok then I still think you will get a bit more speed when noise margin drops to 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 26 of 29

Ant3000

Those figures on the BT Wholesale database are sync rates rather than throughput speed, as overheads, IP profiles configurations can be slightly different between ISPs.

As your sync rate is at 70Mbps then you are still just within the A range.

If it degrades a lot more, and the DLM doesn't slightly increase speed (which can take upto 3 weeks+), then it can investigated.

As imjolly has also said, make sure your line is okay quality wise (ie no audible noise on the line) via the quiet line test.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 29

Your router stats show 70.088
0 Ratings
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Sorry I was looking at the stats in the "connection" rather than the "help desk"
0 Ratings
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 29 of 29

I'll keep an eye on the stats and keep my fingers crossed for the dlm.

I have called the quiet line test and all seems to be quiet during the call (although I do get some clicks initially)
0 Ratings