cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT Deals unfair

My contract is up and paying £70+ per month for Halo Fibre 2 and two  Sims is a ripoff. BT Fibre 2 Broadband is advertised as £31.99  so I could potentially save a lot using this deal and keeping my sim deals for £10 and add £4.99 for a call package at just under £47 inclusive  However BT sees me as a cash cow and the best basic deal for fibre 2 with no extras is £39.99 so it would take me up to over £55.  So it's bye-bye BT after 40+ years as a customer and as an ex-employee with 40 years  in the job

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Deals unfair

f you move to Fibre 2 it's not the same service. You'd lose all the halo benefits including the double data on the mobiles etc so it's not a like for like package.

If you're an ex-employee you'll know that BT broadband & EE broadband is like comparing apples & oranges with benefits & money paid to OR etc as well, you do pay for what you get

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

You do not understand BBroadband as an electronic Engineer and part of it's development and roll-out I do. ADSL Fibre FTTC is the same all over,  it is just a change of billing and the DMUX in the local exchange everything else stays the same. Halo benefits are  dubious to zero unless something goes wrong and as stated we don't even use mobiles or the data so double nothing used is still nothing EE BB and BT BB =apples compared to apples, in any case, the Fibre 2 deal at £31.99 is available on the website but not available to loyal customers  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

If you're on halo 2 then fibre 2 won't be available as it's in effect a downgrade which they won't offer you normally. If you were on Fibre 2 & coming to end of contract or out of contract then that fibre 2 offer should be available to you but due to your current broadband package it isn't

Also I'll think you'll find that BT are one of the only companies to pay openreach for their higher level of support compared to most of the other providers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

@Mike_Jones 

why don't you phone the options team and see what you can negotiate as they are  dealing with contract renewals.  Halo is like have insurance - appears like a waste of money until you need to claim

nothing stopping you dropping halo as just an add-on anyway

you also need to ensure you can is not full with waiting list but I'm sure you knew to check that before moving

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 19

I did call the options team and after a good 10-minute wait I was connected to an advisor who told me that the BT Fibre 2 deal as advertised on the current website was not an option for me and indeed they wanted 39.99 for landline and broadband option.   I note that the price Promis bot on the website and also in the auto-created leaver letter state Price Promise - our promise that you'll never have to pay more than a new customer and your bill won't go up when you contract ends.  Well, my contract has ended, my bill was going up by £2 or more per month and the new customer off on the website is not available to me.   So weasel words and a BAD deal. To add to my discontent my landline number was given to a cold call retention team that are outsourced by BT  I had a short conversation with somebody who does not understand TPS,  ex-directory or knows what an EIN is when I asked them to identify themselves as they were not calling from a BT 0800 number but a Newcastle landline.  Ther are no excuse that can redeem BT now after my experience and that is with 40 years as a customer and 40 years working for BT until I retired,  So if you can **bleep** me off god help anybody else.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

I hope you checked cab was not full before moving

if more people walked like you maybe BT would bring costs in line with other ISP but on moving you get new customer deal which like BT will not be as good when it comes to renewal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

That's all fair & well.

I've got to laugh however at your rant about TPS etc while moaning that the employee wouldn't give you a personal number which could be used to identify them & which you have no need to ask for!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@imjolly maybe if the other providers included the same extras & paid for the same support level with openreach then prices could be at the same level!

Nothing personal btw, just menriining it as people don't seem to take things like that into account when talking about prices

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

@garybs29 the majority of customers who leave  are leaving because it is cheaper elsewhere and that it the main reason.  they are not mainly leaving because of the support although reading many of the posts BT are being robbed if they are paying openreach for a better level of support than the other main ISPs

0 Ratings