cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Deals unfair

I asked for the EIN as a matter of identification but they did not know what I was talking about.. In any case, they volunteered their name so why be shy about an EIN if you are genuine?  It was not an official BT number, so forgive me for protecting myself from what could easily have been a scam or phishing call. They could have simply said I cannot give that information.  As for the comment about checking the Cab is not full that is irrelevant if you understand what network switching entails  It is a jumper in the exchange

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

The EIN sounds like personal information, i'm sure they're meamt to quote part of your account number so you can check if you're nor sure.

That's very true @imjolly but like I said people don't seem to realose things like that when switching

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

@Mike_Jones 

sorry you are wrong  when you move ISP you immediately lose your existing fibre connection and should your cabinet be full with a waiting list then you will join the waiting list with no fibre connection as that will be given to a person on the waiting list  If there is no waiting list then there is no problems

you can search forum for customers who moved and lost their fibre connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 19

@Mike_Jones wrote:

As for the comment about checking the Cab is not full that is irrelevant if you understand what network switching entails  It is a jumper in the exchange

Which you clearly don't.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

As part of the provisioning process a LPA  (Line plant availability ) check is done  (Openreach) and an exchange equipment reservation BT Wholesale or the ISP who may or may not be administered on their behalf by BTWholesale or their own equivalent  KCI 1 - 3 are generated and if there is an issue it falls to a manual Q for intervention and the customer will be informed if there is a dealy or the order cannot be progressed  But I don't expect you to understand how BT Process work on Oneview as clearly you do not understand the process. The actuality means a jumper change on the MDF and possibly some software switching to go to the new supplier's equipment.    Clearly I have no further need of your comments and I will further add that BT started this process by telling me to call to get a good deal as my contract ended then they also clearly would not offer what the customer wanted despite the price promise.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Good luck, you had better hope the cabinet isn't full when you try to move or you will find out what really happens.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

The price promise you refer to is on halo packages so it doesn't apply when you downgrade to standard fibre 2

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Does BT really still process work using Oneview? When I was there in 2018 we weren't even trained up on it. We only used Consumer and were told that Oneview would be binned by the end of 2018 at the latest.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

I'm not surprised they didn't give you their EIN tbh... 

0 Ratings