cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Engineer no show

After a month of waiting for the installation date nobody turned up. Now after ringing them countless times I'm given basically another month to wait 23rd Sept. Really shocked at BT, thought they would be better than virgin media but looks like I was wrong.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Engineer no show

BT don't do installations. Openreach do. The recent stom damage set everything back.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for reply. What exactly do they do when they arrive? I have smart hub 2 connected to my master socket in hall but it's flashing purple.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

If the phone line is not connected even though you have a socket in the home, then the engineer will plug in a signal generator to the master socket so he can identify you pair of wires out of a bundle of up to 500 pairs at the cabinet. Once identified he will connect the E side, jumper links and D side links at the PCP and Fibre cabs. Once done he will retrieve the signal generator and test the line is set up correctly.

Please note: I have simplified the procedure to make it somewhat understandable.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks. I'm getting fibre 300 will I need a modem?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

No, the hub has its own G.Fast modem. If you are getting full fibre then the ONT is in basic terms the modem. Whichever, whatever is needed will be supplied.