cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alewis
Message 1 of 4

BT FON - how do I join?

Hoping someone can help with this, and save me a half hour hold on the IVR!

Our Infinity service was installed yesterday. We understand that we are opted into BT FON- excellent... but how on earth does it work?

The HomeHub3 shows the following when we 

BT FON:                 Not active on your BT Home Hub       (Activate service)

Clicking on Activate shows a page with

BT FON

You aren't currently part of the BT FON WiFi Community

Clicking on "Find out more..." and then "check the status" (and logging in) shows that we are opted in....

So how do we activate BT FON on the HomeHub???  And then how do we access a BTFON spot when we are out and about?  I tried resetting the hub, thinking that maybve it needed to pick up settings from BT, to no avail.  Lost as what else to do... 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT FON - how do I join?

To start with, give it a few days to see if it magically enables itself on the Home Hub. FON is disabled out-of-the-box, and needs to be enabled remotely on the hub.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
NinjaZXR
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

As Ectophile said, BT Fon on the hub will be enabled automatically, usually 1 or 2 days after the install.

You cannot change the FON setting in the hub, it only changes if you opt-in or opt-out.

You can access BT Fon and BT Openzone using your btinternet email username and password.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11049/c/346,1238,2690

0 Ratings
ad_winkie
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I think there is a process problem or they are behind the curve. I have been on BT Infinity since the 11th of July and although the BT Fon site has changed my BT Fon from BT Broadband to BT Infinity (within a couple of days) the hub still indicates that the service is inactive. I could just ignore it but if they fail to activate this on a lot of BT Infinity hubs then there will come a time that I will need BT Fon and will not be able to find one.

0 Ratings