Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT FTTC connection constant re-syncing

Go to solution

this is a customer forum and your post does not go to BT  as I said if you have a problem but there is no noise on line and dial tone ok then report broadband fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @jinky123 ,

Have you managed to report the fault as per @imjolly advice? Can you let us know how you're getting on with this?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jinky123
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Reported the broadband problem and engineer visit this Wednesday.

0 Ratings
jinky123
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Just to finish this issue the engineer had to come back on Thursday after spending the afternoon on Wednesday tracing the line fault. It turned out what I already knew, there was something wrong with the line. It had passed all BT remote tests and tests from my master socket to the cabinet, but failed a line test from the cabinet back to my house master socket. There were low megohm resistances to ground on the line pair, probably due to poor insulation and water problems. To repair my line another wire pair in the cable with good resistance readings were then used for the line to my the house.  The DLM also was reset to remove the 10Mbps cap and now the speeds are back to what they were before the fault and my graph bears this out.  Best wishes Jim

repair.png

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @jinky123 ,

Thanks for getting back and letting us know the engineer got this sorted for you. A really fantastic result 👍. Post back if you have any other problems.

All the best

David

0 Ratings