cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT FTTP Fibre 900 service speed issues (New Customer) not happy!

Hi,

I have been on the Fibre 900 FTTP service for almost a week now. I'm supposed to be getting max 930mbit  with a speed guarantee of 455mbit. 

Surprise surprise i'm lucky if I reach 300mbit (Using Fast.com) sometimes around 320/330 but on average i'm getting 250mbit. which is is totally **bleep**. The speed test from the My BT app says everything it fine... but never displays any evidence of this. I have tried everything from using expensive Cat 6 cables from Fibre termination point to the hub 2 and using the same type of cable to my laptop. 

I've raised a support call however they seem a bit confused. they have raised it with a case manager. it just seems strange that a brand new service  would behave in this manner. I hope this is not going to be an ongoing thing with BT. I don't think I have the energy!

Has anyone else had the same issues? and if so what was the outcome when fixed?

Rich

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT FTTP Fibre 900 service speed issues (New Customer) not happy!

Contact the FTTP team 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Same issues here.  BT Open reach came out and said there is no issue with the FTTP.  The issue is with BT

Speed tests are never consistent.  The connection has not dropped like the old Fibre to the cabinet but I am not getting what I paid for.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Yep. I waited nearly 2 weeks for a BT engineer to rock up. he said there is certainly an issue but it's probably the openrach network issue - Nothing in the home and my devices are 1gb capable - He was only reaching speeds of 400MBit when he was testing with Fast.com. The Birmingham FTTP team are saying that the speed test there end is indicating that it's 2mb above stay fast guarantee which is 455mb... first of all i'd love to see the evidence of this, when I asked they said they have no means of providing it.... Well let's see what off comm have to say about it. so BT selling a 900mb service but because it's meeting the 455mbit SF safty net that is acceptable? I call Bull **** here!

Surly there is some kind of legal element exposed here... I pay for 900 but it's OK because you can get half the speed we  advertise. I knew I should never have moved to BT.   

0 Ratings