cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT FTTP ORDER LONDON

Thanks for the responses, one more thing though. My copper phone line comes over the telephone pole into my property so I`m assuming the fibre will go via the same route?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Yes, they use a Fibre Drop Tube that connects to the Manifold. They then blow in Fibre using a compressor to the CSP they'll fit on your house.
PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

I`ve ordered infinity 1 for now despite getting fttp. What sort of speeds should I be getting? I`d be happy with around 55 down and 15 up 

fttp.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

You'll get the maximum speed of Infinity1, 55 down 10up

PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Update: So far so good. Havent had any issues yet although an openreach person came unannounced today even though the installtion is on friday. They looked at the telephone pole for a bit and left

0 Ratings
PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

So Its nearly 4pm and the engineer that was meant to come at anytime from 8am to 1pm hasn`t showed up and I didnt get any texts or calls to notify me about this?

Took a day off work for nothing

0 Ratings
PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

So I spoke to a really nice lady on the phone who said she would get to the bottom of it and give me an update this coming saturday. She also escalated the case

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

Look forward to your Saturday update - hopefully with solution

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.