cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT FTTP order keeps failing due to capacity issue but Openreach say there is no capacity issue

I  ordered BT FTTP as soon as it became available and was given a install date and an engineering appointment which wasn't met. I complained and BT said they would close my order and place a new one but again the appointment was not kept.

On pressing BT for a full explanation they said it was a capacity issue  which they were investigating. I contacted Openreach who said there was no capacity issue  and I should be able to order FTTP.

BT have now told me I have to wait for an update in a weeks time but I have been waiting so long now and have been let down so many times I don't believe BT are even trying to resolve the issue.

I would guess that 99% of my neighbours are Virgin customers so I don't think they are rushing out to buy BT FTTP so I feel really let down by BT and don't believe they are attempting to resolve this issue.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT FTTP order keeps failing due to capacity issue but Openreach say there is no capacity issue

Are you currently a BT customer ?, if so can you post the results from this site
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com

If not yet a customer use the address option
Is your home a new build or an older home , if a brand new home you should already have an ONT fitted, if this is the case,  is the PON light lit ?
As you want to use BT for service, ultimately they are responsible for keeping you advised etc, but the fibre network is Openreach’s, BT don’t have any more influence on OR than any other ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT FTTP order keeps failing due to capacity issue but Openreach say there is no capacity issue

Yes I am a BT customer and have copper broadband at the moment, the BT website started offering FTTP in early June and I ordered immediately. Openreach have confirmed all their work has been completed  and I should be able to order.

fttpscreenshot.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

have you tried phoning the FTTP team on 08005874787 and see if they can help you progress

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes I have spoken to the FTTP team but they can't get any more details from BT Wholesale. As several other threads on here have highlighted it looks like there could be an issue with the exchange information that has been used to build the order as Openreach have confirmed multiple times that all the FTTP line plant is in place.

I'm not sure how to escalate this further it is now 8 weeks since I first placed my order for an upgrade.

0 Ratings