cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Fibre 1 - Interent Drops 10-20 times per day - Can't Work

Hi , 

I have been WFH for last year most of the time internet has been great . But last month my internet keeps disconnecting 10-20 times per day for a minute and then reconnects only for it to disconnect again 30 minutes later .

I checked my speed and its showing 5mbps which is very very slow....

Your normal available download speed will be between 49-50 Mbps
Your normal available upload speed will be between 8-9 Mbps

Your minimum guaranteed download speed will be 45 Mbps

I am finding it virtually impossible to work like this and this has effected my performance at work and I am worried that I will have a disciplinary hearing for underperforming at work. What Can I do to fix this issue ASAP ?

Here are some more technical information:

fast.com speed test gave me 8mbps
I have 11 devices connected to 2.4ghz (including my laptop which is causing issues)
i have 1 device connected to 5ghz
Both 2.4 and 5ghz channels are combined.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Fibre 1 - Interent Drops 10-20 times per day - Can't Work

Any noise on your line? 17070 option 2, best with corded phone. You may get a dull hum with cordless.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Fibre 1 - Interent Drops 10-20 times per day - Can't Work

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

there is no guarantee on download speed . All the speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings